Friday, July 10, 2009

Pancakes 101

I taught the ladies who work in the kitchen how to make pancakes and follow a recipe.  They had so much fun that morning.  Especially when they sat down with a stack of hot cakes to eat with their morning tea.  We discovered that they are cheaper to make than buying bread and yummier too.  Another score for Aletuke.

I went in to work this morning and they were busy flipping jacks for all the children today.  HOW COOL!




It was so cute to see them take turns pouring and flipping.



A spatula is not a common household utensil in this culture.  I brought mine to work this day.  I actually had to teach them how to use it to get under and flip without landing on the other pancakes.  They were fast learners.



I think the smile on her face says it all.



Another "proud mother" moment.  God, I love these women!


Next week we're learning how to make banana bread and brownies.  These ladies are so dedicated to the children and love to share their new cooking skills with them.   (from left to right) Mma Digashu, Mma Kekana and Mma Mabusela have certainly found their way into my heart.

No comments: